Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This little American went to (the freaking awesome) Market

Today we got up and actually had somewhere we had to be. Housing orientation was held at our studio this morning at 10. Our studio building is over 300 years old and its pretty cute. But, like our apartment...no air conditioning. After our meeting, we decided to walk around for awhile and ended up finding our way to the Campo di Fiori open air market. Oh my gosh, was this place amazing! There was fresh fruit and vegetables and spices and glass beads everywhere! I was enthralled by the dried fruit man. I spent 6.50 euros and got 200 g of mixed dried fruit-- ranging anywhere from mangos, papaya, pears, pineapple, cranberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwis, apples, tomatos (these were surprisingly awesome), and so much more. He let us try anything we wanted and gave me a free bag of a few of my favorites with my purchase. I want to make this a weekly occurrence... lol.

We walked around some more, got our monthly tram tickets so we can take the tram to class, wandered some stores, got lost in some italian cookbooks at the bookstore...


until we could come back to studio and figure out our luggage situation. I had a suitcase shipped to myself that I was waiting for, as were a few of us. The situations ranged from a. stuck in customs, b. sent to the post office because no one was around to pick it up and then sent back to the U.S. (!), or c. no idea where in the universe it could be (this was my scenario). So we were going to see if we had some packages waiting for us and/or fill out the necessary paperwork to save it from customs. Mine hadn't showed yet, but as the others were figuring out their situation, it got wheeled right in! So now I have more clothes, rain boots, and shampoo, and school supplies! Hooray.. I feel like I actually live here now :) Oh, AND we got our fans delivered so we have some fresh air!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Kudos to your mom and dad for their excellent handling of the luggage shipment!

    Signed,

    Your Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete