Where to begin. After chillaxing at the hostel and deciding we were maybe just going to call it a night, we ran into two guys from Canada. (This is the third time this has occurred on a vacation.. I always seem to run into Canadians!) They ended up being really cool so we decided to head out for some gelato. By this time it was already after 10 pm. After gelato we went to find a good pub to get a few drinks. The area around our hostel is called Temple Bar and there is some pretty stuff going on around there. There is a painting of a woman outside the actual Temple Bar and this is where I overheard a little kid ask (in an Irish accent I believe), "Mama, why does the Queen have a moustache??" I mean, it was pretty funny.
Here the hunt for a pub continued. The group (now 6 of us)... oh by the way if you are unaware, I am here with some girls from Interior Design who I am going to be living with in Rome. Sarah, Lindsay, Liz, Paige, and Emily. Paige and Emily were staying at a hotel somewhere else so they weren't there this night. ANYWAY. We wound up at the "Upstairs Pub" which felt like we all walked in and crashed someone's party. It was an extremely small pub and everyone was listening to a man on the fiddle. We got some pints and hung out in the hallway.
After deciding we didn't want to spend anymore time there, we walked around a bit until we ran into a man trying to get some people to go to the Viper Room. He promised free shots and a musician. The catch? We asked. Well there was hardly anyone there. We went to this bar which was the best decision of the night. It was just us for awhile and after our shot of baileys & mint were able to have a conversation and request songs for the musician. He played pretty much whatever we wanted including a lot of Kings of Leon, Coldplay, etc. The best was Champagne Supernova and then he played some Gnarles Barkley. Ha. Soon enough other people were entering the pub. There was an overwhelming population of gay men.... well.... it was a fun time anyway :)
Today, we took a free walking tour of Dublin and it was pretty awesome. I will write more once I am able. Until then peace!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Okay, now that's what I call a blog update!! A guy taking requests on his fiddle, a woman with a moustache and a gay bar. Glad you are getting a good education.
ReplyDelete- Dad