Okay, it's been a little while... Our internet at our new bed & breakfast in Rome is not stellar. Why are you at a bed & breakfast in Rome, you ask? Becauuse even though we will be living here for the next 3 1/2 months, we can't move into our apartment until Monday. Thus, temporary B&B. Let me just say that I am quite a fan of the bed & breakfast concept. They have been very cute, people are friendly, food is good. And it's cheap! I would recommend both that I have stayed at to anyone visiting Europe ever.
Let me tell you about Friday in Paris! We woke up and headed to Luxembourg Gardens. The park is giant and there is so much grass. (So much untouchable grass, as always in these beautiful places). But, being us, we were excited to find a permissable grassy area to lay in. We went shopping around the University of Paris for a bit and bought some lunch to bring back to our perfect grassy spot. Lunch= cheese, baguette, apples. Best picnic ever!!! The cheese was amazing, the baguette was like 80 cents. It was a lot of fun :) After lunch we went back to Musee d'Orsay to check out the art we hadn't seen last time (Impressionism and such) and then walked around some shops. It is fun to window shop at *insert long list of expensive shops here*.
Then, we started to get a little hungry/exhausted at 6ish which unfortunately is not the time that Eurpeans eat dinner. So we sat down for some drinks at a restaurant, had one each and then decided to ask for menus once it was "appropriate" to have dinner. I had a salad nicoise as it was my last night in France and I hadn't had one yet! After dinner we decided to walk to the Eiffel Tower and see it light up for one last time. We sat on the lawn in front of it (ha, imagine-- us sitting on the grass again!) and waited for it to sparkle. Then we hit up the crepe stand on the way to the metro station. Nutella and banana crepes are the greatest things ever invented!!! Took the metro home and watched Amelie in our b&b our last night in Paris.
Breakfast in the morning from Fred…he has been such a hospitable guy and our experience at La Maison Bacana B&B was really great. We said aurvoir and hit the subway to the Orly stop and a bus to the airport. Today we were flying EasyJet… a bright orange plane, slightly nicer than RyanAir I would say. We had a pretty nice flight and even flew directly over the Alps. It was so pretty! Landing in Rome, my first impression was…dusty. There seemed to be a haze over the whole city. We took a cab to our b&b and chillaxed. Travel followed by another nap (on our rock-hard beds by the way) and then we went out looking for some dinner. Ordering is a little different in Italy, things come in courses and I had ordered bruchetta and insalate caprese. Surprise….I got lasagna?? Whatever, eventually I will learn how to correct mistakes in Italian. It was good lasagna anyway.
We decided to take a walk and stumbled upon St. Peter’s. Haha it was maybe a 10 minute walk away. Found some amaaazing 1.50 euro gelato on the way. Then, we just sat on the cobblestones (there was no grass haha) in front of the Vatican, soaking up the awe of just being there. It was a very nice night and weird to say….woah….we live here.
This morning we woke up and got a few things from the grocery store for dinner tonight. A lot of places tend to be closed on Sundays. Currently we have a margherita pizza in the oven and are having salads for lunch at about 2 pm (the normal lunch time of Europeans). Taking it easy today and we move into our apartment tomorrow!!! I am so excited and I will let you know how that goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mmm, I bet the caprese is AMAZING there. :D
ReplyDelete