Happy Halloween!
This week(end) has been one of my favorites in Rome so far. Halloween here is not such a big deal but we made it as homey as we could. Our friend Sarah Hutchison (who is studying in Florence) came to Rome for the weekend, beginning Thursday. That night we hit up the Spanish Steps bar crawl. I was a cat. I made some paper ears and eye-linered some whiskers on :) I got meowed at the entire way to the bar crawl. “Meow” or “You are a cat.” Hah, yeah...thanks. Anyway, as far as other costumes go, Sarah Hutchison was an aerobics instructor, (other) Sarah was a badass biker chick (who ended up basically just fitting in with the Italian fashion trends anyway haha), and Lindsay borrowed some of Chad’s clothes and was a boy for the night. We called her Lance. Eye liner side burns & goatee and everything...it was hilarious. That was a really fun night. The bars were fun & we danced a lot.
Friday I had to do my critique for my Lighting Showroom perspectives (since I am at the end of the alphabet, I was the last one to go) and it went alright. And then we walked around, enjoyed the city & the gorgeous weather, and tried to get a giant group of designers to Hard Rock CafĂ© in a tiny short bus. Saturday, we enjoyed the city some more, tried to find some boots and got geared up for our weekly home cooked dinner. Halloween mostoccioli & garlic bread was on the menu this time. When I say Halloween, I mean orange & black noodles with veggies & mozz. It was very festive and amazingly delicious as always. We are becoming pros at this. After dinner a few of us headed over to make an appearance at a Halloween party some of the other girls were having. Afterwards we had Lindsay’s famous Apple Crisp & settled in for our little Halloween movie marathon-- Paranormal Activity followed by Hokus Pokus so we wouldn’t be too scared before bed.
And Sunday was our journey to the AsRoma vs. Bologna soccer game. I was soo excited to see a European “football” game & it was really fun! Beforehand I got a Roma scarf (scarves are a big deal for soccer games— reminds me of Quidditch haha). Everyone was singing and chanting and clapping and waving flags and doing stereotypical Italian hand gestures & yelling. The game was really entertaining and Roma was victorious, 2-1.
And that night it was leftovers & pumpkin seeds! Other than that I am getting some last minute classwork done for art history & digital photography, and I am officially registered for my last semester of classes ever!!! What a weird feeling!
I leave for my North Field Trip on Wednesday. Expect a doozy of a blog after Milan, Venice, & Florence!
Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment