Thursday, October 15, 2009

Daily Stuff

Again...blogging because I’d rather not be working on my project. And the internet has been out for a few days just in our studio which is really fabulous. So I’m desperate to find some alternative activity, even if it means typing my blog on a word document until I can get some wireless.

The past week has been kind of routine. Class. Sleep. Wander. Watch episodes of Gossip Girl online. Go for a run. Grocery store. Make dinner.
The weekend was a good time though. Friday after class, (Venerdi dopo clase?) Liz, Lindsay and I shopped ourselves down Via del Corso. Mainly we went to H&M and the Nike store. I got a cute skirt and it was nice to be out shopping. That skirt was literally the first “item” that I have purchased for myself here over 10 euro. That night we made cannelloni (more like rolled up lasagna) which was faaantastic and then had some wine and ventured out to see the Trevi Fountain at night and inevitably get some gelato. I had chocolate on chocolate on chocolate. Really. It was Cioccolato del’Arancia (Chocolate with orange), Cioccolato della Fragola (Chocolate with strawberry), Cioccolato della Canella (Chocolate with cinnamon). The gelato man even topped it off with whipped cream without even asking. It was a perfect cone!

The next night we hit up our favorite happy hour restaurant, Saby’s, for some cheap pizza and drinks. The waiter remembered us from last time and brought us our 2 euro tiramisu to split (with 5 spoons). Oh, Paige was with her family who had come to visit this week. Sunday morning, Emily and I went to the Trastevere market. I may have purchased a very cute black bag for 5 euro and I got some great Christmas shopping ideas. I love the market!

This week, we have been rather frustrated with our studio work. We feel that we’re missing out on the projects that they are working on back in Ames because those are being done on computer and will be a nice addition to a professional portfolio. Here, we are drawing perspectives for a space we haven’t even created a floor plan for yet and everything is going to be hand drawn & hand rendered. It’s just really annoying to feel like I am back in freshman year learning how to draw perspectives. When I get back to school I am going to have completely forgotten how to use Revit! I’m just not thrilled about adding this hand rendered lighting showroom to my portfolio. I’m not a super strong hand-renderer and it sucks to feel so out of the normal design world process. And to feel like the work I’m doing is not of the senior level. Oh well...the things we must sacrifice to be living in Rome, I guess, right?

What else is new? The number of daily bug bites is slowly dwindling as the weather gets a little chillier (though it’s still much warmer than it is in the states I hear). Also, we have been measuring our hair monthly just to see how long and fast all of ours will grow, since we’re not getting hair cuts for the whole semester. It’s a race to December... mine has grown 2.5 centimeters in a month. And lucky us, they have decided to RIP UP the street right behind our apartment, and at the same time, remodel the apartment 2 floors below us. So we get to enjoy our fair share of construction noises. I might lose my mind.

I guess I should get back to work. Maybe I just have a major case of Senioritis going on...

Miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment