Okay, for real THIS is our last day in dublin... we have already checked out of our hostel but our flight to Paris doesn't leave until 6 a.m. Woot for sleeping at the airport tonight (or not sleeping). \We are wasting time here today at an internet cafe and walking around aimlessly. Actually we are going to see a movie later tonight before stopping back at the hostel for our bags and taxi-ing to the airport for a really fun night...
I don't know where to begin about yesterday's events. We ended up shopping a lot then hung out in the common room again before getting some dinner with our Canadian friends, Ryan and Chris :) Back at the hostel I was able to Skype a bit....this means \i got to see Nate (via computer screen) for the first time since May which was awesome!! My parents got online just after that so I talked with them too. \It was a really good day!
Dinner following was a return to Cafe Bar Deli, which is quite a good restaurant. We had some really good pizza and shared a bottle of house wine for the 6 of us. I don't know if it's a European thing, but waiters seem to take forever to bring you your check at the end of a meal. Everyone here seems to be so less in a rush, and instead very relaxed. Which is nice! But hard to get used to.
After the restaurant we returned to the cobblestone streets of Temple Bar to figure out where the nightlife of Dublin will take us tonight. We found ourselves at an outdoor Irish rave which was seriously the craziest thing \i have ever been to! It was a ridiculous amount of fun and the whole place was just filled with dancing people. The music was from a DJ on the stage and seriously went from \indian techno to swing to blues to latin and it ended with the entire place skipping around in a circle. It was nuts. We were moving nonstop but the weird thing was that everyone was just dancing on their own. In America, people would be grinding and dancing all up on each other all the time haha. For the most part everyone just rocked out in their own space. It was quite an experience let me tell ya! After that, Sarah, Ryan, Chris, and I headed to the actual bar called Temple Bar because we had not been there yet and it is probably the most recognized pub here. The inside was very cool and it seemed to go on forever. I have never seen so many bottles of alcohol along one wall in my life.
\and that was our last night in crazy Dublin. I am going to miss Ireland so much, how weird!! Paris is next and \I#m sure it will be just as exciting. Hopefully the whole not knowing French won't be too much of an issue.... Maybe we'll meet some more cool people, though I am going to miss our Canadian friends. That;s it for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment